Monday, December 20, 2010

Gwaaaaar!

I went to high school in a very rural part of central Jersey, which is mostly inhabited with Upper Middle Class "Republican" types. However, the day after a Gwar show at City Gardens, I would see a surprising amount of "normal" kids with their faces stained red from the night before.  Long story short, Gwar has found a way to be relevant, funny and appealing to all kinds of insufferable human filth for 20+ years.

In 2005 I documented 2 weeks of the Sounds of the Underground tour (R.I.P.) which included the standard live performance and a "behind the scenes" piece. From experience I can tell you, Oderus Urungus is always on and absolutely one of the funniest people I've ever been around.

Oderus signing autographs from Sounds of the Underground.


(posted by Douger)


No comments:

Post a Comment